Ready to sell your items? Here are tips to get you started!
- Clothing must be clean, stain-free and in gently-used condition. Styles should be current.
- All clothing must be hung on a wire hanger.
- Fasten the price tag under the arm.
- Do not use tape, staples, or straight pins on clothing.
- Important: Place masking tape with your consignor number, the item number and price on the bottom or underneath side of each large item and on items that contain more than one piece. This will eliminate confusion if a tag is accidentally removed or pieces get separated.
- Safety pins will hold your clothes on the hanger and tags on the clothes. You may use a tagging gun to attach tags but it is not required. Check with your local sale owner if you are interested in purchasing any tagging supplies.
- Safety pin pants and skirts to hangers by the waistband. Do not use the pants-only hangers with the metal clips. Pants and skirts can easily be pulled off and will fall on the floor. Do not fold pants over the bottom of the hanger.
- For two-piece outfits, pin pants or skirts behind the shirt so both pieces can easily be seen – do not put pants and skirts inside the shirt. Pin the waistband of the pants to the shoulders of the top, pinning through the hanger to let the hanger carry the weight of the pants. Pinning to the back or bottom of your shirt could cause your clothing to tear. See how to hang items on our Pricing and Tagging page, or view the How-To Videos.
- Close buttons, snap snaps and zip zippers. (It makes the clothing look better and shoppers are able to see that all buttons, snaps, zippers are in working order). Mend or repair any loose hems, buttons, etc. Iron or use a winkle release spray.
- Sets tend to sell better than separates, if possible match up your separates. (Pair a matching top and pair of shorts, blouse and skirt, etc. Don’t mix brands or sizes though.
Tips for better selling rate
- Use white cardstock paper. (tags stay on clothing better)
- Make sure you do not tape over the barcode-(we remove the barcode)
- Remember, it is in your best interest to use cardstock paper and print tags with barcodes that are clean and crisp. If our scanners cannot read your barcode and an item has to be manually entered, there is a greater chance the item will not get rung up properly.
- If you are running out of time then label the things that will bring the most money first.
- Consider discounting your items to increase the chances of selling the items!
- We have many shoppers who come during the discount day(s) looking for further discounts. Price as many of your items as possible at a discount to maximize your sales!
- It is very important to make all your items secure. Make sure items will stay on hangers securely, that bags and boxes are taped shut, and that items with many parts are taped together well. Toys will get handled by our smallest shoppers!
- Remember, the better things look, the better they sell!
- Supplies you will need include wire hangers, cardstock paper, safety pins, Ziploc bags (assorted sizes) and string to tie shoes together.
- Not sure how to price your items? Here We Grow Again has created a Pricing Guide to give you some ideas!
- Make sure all furniture, equipment and toys are clean and in working order (a little soap and water goes a long way).
- If you are bringing a Crib or Pack-n-Play, it will need to be assembled (they sell better this way!). Please plan to assemble it once you arrive–feel free to bring a helper if needed.
- Carseats should be clean. Please check the expiration date on the carseat before bringing to the sale. All consignors bringing a car seat will sign a waiver indicating the seat is not expired and is accident free.
- Puzzles are easily packaged by wrapping in Saran Wrap and then sealing with packing tape on the back. (This keeps all the pieces together!)
- Make sure batteries are included (the dollar stores sell packages of batteries for $1). Shoppers want to make sure the items they are purchasing are in working order.
- Ziploc bags are perfect for accessories, toys, socks, bibs, hats and groups of books. Remember to tape (packing tape works best) them shut with the tag on the outside. The very large bags can hold bedding sets if you no longer have the original bag. BUT please make sure all items are clean inside. Don’t hide a stained bib behind a clean one. We will be checking them!
- DO NOT place shoes in bags. They must be outside of boxes and bags, with the tag attached to the shoes and the shoes connected. Use safety pins, ribbon or zip ties.
- Use packing tape to secure all parts to toys and tags to non-clothing items. Please do not tape tags on soft items like stuffed animals or bedding – they won’t stay on. Do not tape over the barcodes on your tags.
For more information on preparing your sale items, visit our Pricing and Tagging page.
- Please note that Here We Grow Again is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- We accept cash, debit cards, MasterCard, Visa and Discover!