Entering Items and Printing
Start by registering as a consignor.
- You will be asked for your name (your name will appear on your check as you have entered it), address and email. Then you will choose a password and be assigned a Consignor ID number (write these down!).
- Choose ‘ENTER ITEMS’ to start tagging.
Organize your items!
- Save time and sort clothing by gender, size and type. The system remembers all previous information entered except price, so by having them sorted you can take advantage of the pre-filled fields and re-enter only price and description fields…thus making your tag time even more efficient!
1. Set a Price - use the pull-down menu
2. Discount – Check to sell item at 50% off the final sale day. Donate - Check to donate this item if it does not sell. Items marked “donate” will automatically sell at a discount before being donated.
3. Size - Choose the size from the pull-down menu. Select the “blank” choice for toys and non-sized items.
4. Description - This is used to reunite lost tags with their items!! (text is limited)
5. Category - This is used behind the scenes to determine space needed when we set up the sale. Help us plan properly!!
6. Click on “Add Item” or click “Enter” and the system adds your item to the bottom of the screen and automatically saves it.
Please note: If the system remains idle for 15-20 minutes, it will time out. Don’t worry! Your items are still in the database and can be accessed via the Manage Inventory Screen.
- use lower case letters to fit more on the tag
- include the brand: “gymboree yellow shirt w/green flowers”
- Error corrections-
- If the item is still showing, check the box & click “edit item”.
- If item was previously entered, find it under ‘manage inventory’. Check the box by the item & click “edit item”.
- You MUST reprint tags you edit. The bar-code changes when you change the price or your decision to discount!
Printing Your Tags
Once you have entered and priced your items, it’s time to print your tags!
- Print on white cardstock. (Regular copy paper will not hold up!)
- Use Normal or Draft print setting.
- Best quality is too dark and causes barcodes to bleed.
- Test print one page of tags to make sure the barcodes are crisp and clear.
- You should be able to see white lines between the barcode.
- If lines bleed together, then reprint using a lower quality print.
- Select the items you want to print.
- Click in the box next to the item or click on the “Check All” box.
- Tag print in increments of 8 (choose a multiple of 8 to conserve cardstock).
- Click ‘Print Tags’ and follow the instructions.
Remember, it is in your best interest to use cardstock paper and print tags with barcodes that are clean and crisp. If our scanners cannot read your barcode and an item has to be manually entered, there is a greater chance the item will not get rung up properly. Items that cannot scan will NOT be guaranteed.
Thanks for consigning with us again! Transferring items from a past HWGA sale to our current sale is easy. Please visit our Tagging Options page or email us for complete instructions on how to transfer items without having to reprint all of your price tags*!
*We do recommend reviewing the price when transferring items. If you change a price, you will need to reprint that tag.