Tagging Your Items
Once your tags are printed it is time to attach them to your items! Here We Grow Again offers our consignors the option to use either a tagging gun or safety pins to secure your tags on items. Tagging guns are a faster and easier way to tag your items. Don’t have a tagging gun and want to try it? Check out our Starter Kit.
When attaching tags to items make sure the description matches the item.
Do not tape over the barcode! Our scanning cannot read through tape.
- We accept all children’s clothing in sizes preemie up to girls and boys size 20.
- All clothing must be on wire hangers. Check with your local dry cleaner as many provide them for free! (We also have wire hangers available to for $.07 cents a piece a piece. Just email us if you would like some!). Hanging your clothing items before entering/pricing them also helps speed up the process.
- Pants should be hung from the top bar of the hanger. Use safety pins as close together as possible so pants do not slide down to the bottom of the hanger.
- Please safety pin all items of a set together so that they can be viewed without unpinning them.
- When attaching tags (if using safety pins or a tagging gun), please attach tags to the seam under the left arm (right as you look at garment). This helps prevent putting a hole in the item!
- The hanger hook should face the left (like a question mark)
- Please only bring your new or ‘mint’ condition shoes.
- Use zip ties or ribbon to secure shoes together and attach tag.
- Avoid placing shoes in ziploc bags as they sell better out of bags.
- Opened bedding sets should be hung on wire hangers. Use zip ties or ribbons to secure multiple hangers together in a set.
- When pricing bedding as a set, please print multiple tags for each item stating item 1 of 4, 2 of 4, etc.
- Feel free to attach a sheet describes all the pieces included in the set.
- Bedding that can be looked at will sell better. Please avoid plastic bags, unless the item is still new.
- For smaller items like baby bottles, rattles, bows, etc, please group them together appropriately in Ziploc bags with tag taped to the outside.
- Socks, bibs, hats, gloves, etc will be displayed hanging. Please pin them together or use a tagging gun to secure sets together. Do not place in plastic bags.
Toys, Games, Furniture, Equipment
- Must be clean and in working order with working batteries.
- Attach small parts to the toy/equipment in Ziploc bags. Zip tie bags to the larger toy. Make sure to tape the bag shut.
- Check game and puzzles to make sure all pieces are included.
- Puzzles, books, videos and small toys that are not in boxes should be put in Ziploc bags.
- Puzzles should be wrapped securely in clear Saran wrap with the tag taped to the outside with clear packing tape, to keep the pieces intact.
- Feel free to attach information on the function and highlights of toy and equipment. Some consignors print the toy and equipment descriptions from the internet to attach.
- We are no longer accepting Car Seats. Although booster seats are accepted.
- Furniture sells well! Don’t forget those beds, kids’ dressers, high chairs, changing tables, swings, kitchen sets, kid tables and chair sets and Little Tikes equipment. Make sure to secure the tag to an easy-to-read location.
- Due to the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s recent ban on selling cribs all cribs, we will no longer accept any cribs.
- Important: Place masking tape with your consignor number, the item number and price on the bottom or underneath side of each large item and on items that contain more than one piece. This will eliminate confusion if a tag is accidentally removed or pieces get separated.
If you have any questions about the pricing or tagging process, just let us know!
Please visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission at http://www.cpsc.gov:80/cpscpub/prerel/prerel.html or call 1-800-638-2772 to verify your items are not listed in the recalled information.