Tagging Your Items
Once your tags are printed it is time to attach them to your items! Here We Grow Again offers our consignors the option to use either a tagging gun or safety pins to secure your tags on items. Tagging guns are a faster and easier way to tag your items. Don’t have a tagging gun and want to try it? Check out our “Grow With Us” Consignor Starter Kit.
When attaching tags to items make sure the description matches the item.
Do not tape over the barcode! Our scanning cannot read through tape.
- We accept all children’s clothing in sizes preemie up to size 16 (boys and girls).
- Sleepers sell best when two or three are safety pinned together on one hanger.
- All clothing must be on wire hangers. Check with your local dry cleaner as many provide them for free. (We also have wire hangers available to for $.08 cents a piece a piece. Just email us if you would like some!). Hanging your clothing items before entering/pricing them also helps speed up the process.
- Pants should be hung from the top bar of the hanger. Use safety pins as close together as possible so pants do not slide down to the bottom of the hanger.
- Please safety pin all items of a set together so that they can be viewed without unpinning them.
- When attaching tags (if using safety pins or a tagging gun), please attach tags to the seam under the left arm (right as you look at garment). This helps prevent putting a hole in the item!
- The hanger hook should face the left (like a question mark)
- Please only bring your like-new shoes.
- We will only accept through Boys/Girls Size 4.
- Tie the shoes together and attach tag with another tie or string.
- If the shoes have no place to tie, then use ribbon to tie the shoes together with the tag tied with them. Shoes should NOT be in zip lock bags.
- If possible, please package bedding sets together in a clear plastic bag.
- When pricing bedding as a set, please print multiple tags for each item stating item 1 of 4, 2 of 4, etc. Only one tag should have the price. The other tags should read $0.
- Feel free to attach a sheet describes all the pieces included in the set.
- Bedding that can be opened and looked at will sell better. Please refrain from taping bags shut.
- No Queen or King size bedding and ALL bedding should be kid-themed regardless of size.
- For smaller items like baby bottles, rattles, socks, bibs, bows, etc, please group them together appropriately in Ziploc bags with tag taped to the outside. Tape these bags shut to keep little hands out of them!
Toys, Games, Furniture, Equipment
- Must be clean and in working order with batteries in them.
- Attach small parts to the toy/equipment in Ziploc bags.
- Check game and puzzles to make sure all pieces are included.
- Puzzles should be wrapped securely in clear Saran wrap with the tag taped to the outside with clear packing tape, to keep the pieces intact.
- Feel free to attach information on the function and highlights of toy and equipment. Some consignors print the toy and equipment descriptions from the internet to attach.
- Make sure all loose pieces are taped to the toy and bags are sealed shut with tape.
- Check your car seat expiration date before bringing it to the sale (usually found on the bottom of the car seat). We accept only car seats which are five years or newer. It must not be subject to recall or have been in an accident. All seat covers and straps must be thoroughly cleaned. If you are bringing a car seat, you will be asked to fill out a Car Seat Waiver when you drop off your items.
- Furniture sells well! Don’t forget those beds, kids’ dressers, high chairs, changing tables, swings, kitchen sets, kid tables and chair sets and Little Tikes equipment. Make sure to secure the tag to an easy-to-read location.
- Crib Guidelines: Due to the current laws regarding the resale of cribs, the cribs must be manufactured no earlier than June 28, 2011, or have the manufacturer’s sticker stating that the crib was meeting the new standards prior to the required start date. Retro-fitted cribs that had previously been on recall will not be accepted.
- Important: Place masking tape with your consignor number, the item number and price on the bottom or underneath side of each large item and on items that contain more than one piece. This will eliminate confusion if a tag is accidentally removed or pieces get separated.
If you have any questions about the pricing or tagging process, just let us know!
Visit our Recalled Product Search page to check items for recalls.