New Updates and Reminders
- This spring, we are accepting spring and summer clothing only. No heavy coats, boots, sweaters, etc. Crossover items like lightweight jackets, capris, lightweight cardigans meant to be worn with sundresses, and lightweight long sleeve shirts that aren’t a winter/fall theme will be accepted. Jeans, leggings, and very lightweight pants are also ok, but sell better in the fall. Sleepers cannot be the thicker materials or fall/winter theme. Please note that it is at our discretion whether something will qualify for a spring sale; and if we have an overload of inventory, some of these items may later be denied or pulled for restocking due to space limitations.
- Sorting shift: Due to a number of no-shows last season, earlier entry into presale is no longer an option. Too many people were trying to work the system, leaving sort short-handed. Thank you for your understanding. 5+ shift volunteers still get in 1 hr earlier than other volunteers, and 2 hrs before consignors, and earn 5% more with a sort shift as part of their shifts.
- Storage option! While this has always been there, it’s now better than ever! I am able to store things at the sale site currently, so once you are done tagging, you can get it out of the house! A nominal one time storage fee will be assessed, based on the quantity & length of time.
- The spring sale tends to have lower participation by sellers, due to busy school schedules I’m sure. Start early and remember the express tagging service is available if you won’t have time. We still have tons of shoppers, so let’s fill the place!
- Power Sellers: Now defined as over 500 items. I am implementing a new policy for power sellers only. If you do not sell 15% of your inventory, you will not be allowed to bring over 500 items to the next sale. Failure to sell 15% usually is due to pricing, so please consider re-pricing things you have been trying to sell for several seasons. Once you meet the 15% goal, you will be allowed to bring more again. Contact me if you have questions.
- Spring/Summer Clothes only. Don’t forget your Easter outfits, swimsuits, beach gear, outdoor toys, and sandals.
- Hot ticket items: every sale we have lots of people asking for high chairs, pack and plays, swings, and large toys like kitchens and tool benches. Clean, well priced, and current styles of these will sell FAST. We have also been lower on our inventory of boy clothes (all sizes) and girl toys than I or the shoppers would like! Please bring these items if you have them, and encourage anyone you know with a lot of them to consign! Remember you can get your $10 fee waived if you refer 2 people!
- New with Tags clothing: I will allow original hangers for new WITH tags items ONLY. Understand that if you transfer to another HWGA sale, they may still require the wire hangers for those items.
- Please don’t seal packages we need to inspect @ check-in (media in cases, boxes that aren’t see-through…) Packing tape will be available to seal these bags/boxes after they have been checked. However: If we can see what’s in it, it should arrive already secured WELL. Kids will try to open packages – make sure they can’t!
- Clothing needs to be free of stains, holes, missing buttons, excessive wear, or other blemishes. Items with a strong odor, like smoke or “musty” will be turned down as well. They should also be current styles. Thank you for bringing your best items and making the sale a success.
Toys (and baby equipment) must be clean, have working batteries and be able to be turned on.
- Parenting/pregnancy books and other guides: must be current! Philosophies change frequently, so copyright date must be within 5 years.
Car seats: check expiration date (not older than five years), and for recalls on all your items before arriving.
Wire Hangers Only! All clothes should be hung on wire hangers with the hook facing the left (like a question mark).
- Need hangers? We’ve got ‘em! Standard hangers are 8 cents each. Infant hangers (not required) are 10 cents each.
Power Consignors: For consignors with over 500 items, we have special drop off times outside the regular drop-off windows (see sale dates and times for options) to facilitate a quicker check-in for you and our other consignors. These times must be scheduled through email, as they are reserved for power consignors only. We will make other accommodations for you if the times listed on the website will not work for you. If you have over 500 hanging items, please mark your hangers in such a way as to facilitate our sort (colored tape, ribbon, etc…). Thank you!
No bagged fabric items. We need to make sure everything is stain-free, so please hang all clothing, towels, blankets, etc. Bins or peg hooks will still be provided for smaller items like bibs, hats, underwear… A large safety pin can hold multiple bibs, underwear, tights, etc. If you have questions, feel free to contact me. Exceptions:
large groups of socks, and similar (understand entire bags are rejected if we see any with dark spots on them),
- new in package items, like onesies (if possible, zip-tie the package to a hanger so it will be with the rest of the clothing),
- entire bedding sets if you are unable to hang all pieces together (we need to be able to remove them at check in to look for stains. Tape/zip-ties will be available to secure them after examination).
- Zip tie the straps of things like diaper bags to the hanger.
- Every volunteer shift you work earns you $10 in Here We Grow Bucks to spend at the sale, but there’s more!
- Shop earlier: Work at least 5 shifts and get in before everyone (4pm) and your consignor fee will be waived! Earn 5% more when at least 1 of those shifts is sorting!
- Prizes for volunteers only, such as earning 75% on your items, consignor fee waived, gift certificates, and more. Many prizes have multiple winners, and for every shift you work your name goes into the drawing again – giving you a better chance to win! Remember, you don’t have to be a consignor to volunteer!
- Volunteer For A Cause! Feeling generous? You can donate your Grow Bucks to families in need through our Charity Partner’s program! When you register to volunteer, simply email us with the amount of your Grow Bucks that you would like to donate! Learn more about Hillcrest on our Charity partners tab.
Shoppers: If you do not attend to your children and they try to open packages, sit on merchandise, etc, you will be given one warning and then asked to leave. This is both to protect your kids’ safety and the merchandise. The items for sale belong to other parents just like you, and we need to respect and protect their property. Brought to you by a few bad eggs.
- Get into Presale: Teachers, military and first responders and new moms are able to shop before the public! Just bring your ID or sign up on the New Mom registry and shop before we open to the public 6-8 on presale. We appreciate everything you do! Presale passes will also be available to anyone passing out flyers at a fall festival or other family oriented community event prior to the sale. Hang door hangers on your street for a pass. Or do a full shift (150 hangers) and get in earlier and earn Grow Bucks! Why not burn off some of the kids’ energy by doing door hangers on your walk? Contact me for details.
Sorry, we do not accept:
- STUFFED ANIMALS. We will continue to take infant plush toys (teethers, rattles, interactive, etc) and learning/interactive plush (ones teaching buttoning, shapes, or similar). However, regular stuffed animals won’t be taken.
- Recalled items (which includes all cribs made prior to Nov 2011 unless it has a sticker showing it met new standards early).