New this sale
Updates and Reminders
- This fall, short sleeve shirts in ALL sizes will be accepted. (Still no sleeveless tops, shorts, or sandals.)
- Easter outfits will be allowed, since I think I will hold next spring’s sale after Easter.
- Hot ticket items: every sale we have lots of people asking for high chairs, pack and plays, swings, and large toys like kitchens and tool benches. Clean, well priced, and current styles of these will sell FAST. We have also been lower on our inventory of boy clothes (all sizes) and girl toys than I or the shoppers would like! Please bring these items if you have them, and encourage anyone you know with a lot of them to consign! Remember you can get your $10 fee waived if you refer 2 people!
- Parenting/pregnancy books: must be current! Philosophies change frequently, so copywright date must be within 5 years.
- Express tagging service (where we do the work for you): Early bird special: get your fees waived if you deliver your items early!
- Fall/Winter Clothes only. Don’t forget your Halloween costumes and Christmas outfits! Crossover items like light-weight jackets, capris, PJ sets with a mix of long and short pieces, etc. are fine.
- Remember not to seal packages we need to inspect @ check-in (media in cases, boxes that aren’t see-through…) Packing tape will be available to seal these bags/boxes after they have been checked. However: If we can see what’s in it, it should arrive already secured WELL. Kids will try to open packages – make sure they can’t!
- Clothing needs to be free of stains, holes, missing buttons, excessive wear or other blemishes. They should also be current styles.
Toys (and baby equipment) must be clean, have working batteries and be able to be turned on.
Car seats: check expiration date (not older than five years), and for recalls on your items before arriving.
Wire Hangers Only! All clothes should be hung on wire hangers with the hook facing the left (like a question mark).
- Standard hangers are 8 cents each. Infant hangers (not required) are 10 cents each.
Power Consignors: For consignors with over 400 items, we have special drop off times outside the regular drop-off windows (see sale dates and times for options) to facilitate a quicker check-in for you and our other consignors. These times must be scheduled through email, as they are reserved for power consignors only. We will make other accommodations for you if the times listed on the website will not work for you. If you have over 400 hanging items, please mark your hangers in such a way as to facilitate our sort (colored tape, ribbon, etc…). Thank you!
No bagged fabric items. We need to make sure everything is stain-free, so please hang all clothing, towels, blankets, etc. Bins or peg hooks will still be provided for smaller items like bibs, hats, underwear… A large safety pin can hold multiple bibs, underwear, tights, etc. If you have questions, feel free to contact me. Exceptions:
socks (understand entire bags are rejected if we see any with dark spots on them),
- new in package items, like onesies (if possible, zip-tie the package to a hanger so it will be with the rest of the clothing,
- entire bedding sets if you are unable to hang all pieces together (we need to be able to remove them at check in to look for stains. Tape/zip-ties will be available to secure them after examination).
- Zip tie the straps of things like diaper bags to the hanger.
- Every volunteer shift you work earns you $10 in Here We Grow Bucks to spend at the sale, but there’s more!
- Shop earlier: volunteer for a sorting shift and get into Presale @ 4:30pm. Work at least 5 shifts and get in before everyone (4pm) and your consignor fee will be waived!
- Prizes for volunteers only, such as earning 75% on your items, consignor fee waived, gift certificates, and more. Many prizes have multiple winners, and for every shift you work your name goes into the drawing again – giving you a bettter chance to win! Remember, you don’t have to be a consignor to volunteer!
- Volunteer For A Cause! Feeling generous? You can donate your Grow Bucks to families in need through our Charity Partner’s program! When you register to volunteer, simply email us with the amount of your Grow Bucks that you would like to donate! Learn more about Hillcrest on our Charity partners tab.
Shoppers: If you do not attend to your children and they try to open packages, sit on merchandise, etc, you will be given one warning and then asked to leave. This is both to protect your kids and the merchandise. The items for sale belong to other parents just like you, and we need to respect and protect their property. Brought to you by a few bad eggs.
- The Charity event continues to be a success thanks to your generosity! We had a great turnout from Synergy and the PAT/head start programs. Thank you for your donations (leftover items continue to be given to Hillcrest).
- Get into Presale: Teachers, military and first responders and new moms are able to shop before the public! Just bring your ID or sign up on the New Mom registry and shop before we open to the public 6-8 on presale. We appreciate everything you do! Presale passes will also be available to anyone passing out flyers at an Easter egg hunt or other family oriented community event prior to the sale. Hang door hangers on your street for a pass. Or do a full shift (150 hangers) and get in earlier and earn Grow Bucks! Spring Break is the week before the sale – why not burn off some of the kids’ energy by doing door hangers on your walk? Contact me for details.
Sorry, we do not accept:
- STUFFED ANIMALS. We will continue to take infant plush toys (teethers, rattles, interactive, etc) and learning/interactive plush (ones teaching buttoning, shapes, or similar). However, regular stuffed animals won’t be taken.
- Recalled items (which includes all cribs made prior to Nov 2011 unless it has a sticker showing it met new standards early).