Drop Off and Pick Up
After registering as a consignor, you will be able to select a “Check In” time to drop off items. It is best to select a time as soon as possible, as shifts fill up quickly. Consignors with over 400 items will need to email to request a “power consignor” check in reservation.
When you arrive, here is what to expect:
- You will sign a Consignor Agreement and verify your contact information and email address.
- A volunteer will check over your items for quality standards…stains, excessive wear, holes, cleanliness, in working order, etc. Please don’t be offended if we refuse an item. We have harsh lighting and no one (not even me) makes it out without some rejections! Items which are obvious rejections will have their tag ripped vertically so that the item cannot be put into any sale in it’s current condition. This is a policy with all sales across the KC metro area. Incorrect season will be rejected without tag rips. As your items are inspected, you will put them out on the sales floor.
- Please allow 30-45 minutes minimum for drop-off.
Before you drop off, please double-check the following:
- All clothing items are on wire hangers.
- All items are hung with hook facing left.
- All tags are printed on white cardstock paper.
- Tags are in proper location.
- All items have tags with barcodes.
- No handwritten changes to price or discount status (drawn-in asterisk) on the tag.
- Sort clothing items by gender and size for faster drop off.
- Small pieces of games, toys or puzzles are securely packaged in a plastic bag (sandwich bags work great) and tag is securely taped to the item. Do not tape over barcodes.
- Toys should be in working order with batteries in them.
- Selling a car seat? Make sure to print and bring your Car Seat Waiver.
- Remember, clean, fresh-smelling and pressed clothing items always sell better!
Additional Drop Off Options for Fall:
Are your items tagged and you are ready to get them out of the house?
1. Consignors have the option of dropping off prior to our scheduled Drop Off times. If you would like to drop off at the sale location prior to (TBD), email us and we will schedule a time (a $10 storage fee may be added for very early drop off).
There is also an Early Bird drop off (TBD). This is a scheduled event, so no fees apply.
2. Drive-By Drop Off” service! This is only available to consignors who do not want rejected items back (ie, we can donate them). For $10, you can dump and run! We will check in your items and put them on the sale floor for you! Select a check-in time online (you MUST choose a time earlier than 2 pm on Monday, and we would love it if you can do it on an earlier day). Email me to let me know you want this service, so the volunteers are ready for you. The $10 fee is due at drop off – cash only.
Drop Off Times
(Consignors must select a Check In/Drop Off appointment during one of these time periods. Log into your HWGA account and select “Check In” from the top of the page.) If there are no times that work in your schedule online, please email or call me! I try to spread out the shifts so there are no gluts, but I can probably work you in. Power sellers (400 or more items), must email to arrange your check in time – if these hours don’t work, tell me asap!
(Note to consignors–our Fall sale will “lock” at 2pm Monday, . No items can be entered into the system or edited after that time. If you sign up for a drop off later than 2 on Monday, make sure all items make it into the system by 2pm Mon. You still can print and attach the tags after that if you are running behind.)
Items not claimed by the end of Pick Up time will be donated to a local charity. If you plan to be out of town, contact me to make other arrangements.
Pick Up Tips to Remember:
- When you arrive at Pick Up, your items will be sorted and ready for quick pick up. No need to sort unsold items, we have already done it for you!
- Check the lost and found as some items may have lost tags.
- Plan on 20-30 minutes for Pick Up as you will need to sign and check out.
- Items will be hanging on the racks in case you want to go through them. Non-hanging items are on the floor under your rack. We will have bags available for your items, but we recommend bringing back your totes, etc. to load them.
- Items not claimed by the end of Pick Up time will be donated to a local charity.
Pick Up Times
No appointment is necessary to Pick Up items. . If there are enough volunteers that the sorting ends early, an email will be sent letting you know items are available for pick up. Sign up to sort and shop earlier @ presale! Sorters are also allowed to take their items with them at the end of their shift.
Please spread the word about the sale! The more shoppers, the more items sold – which means more $ in your pocket, less to sort, and earlier pick up!