Tagging Your Items
Once your tags are printed it is time to attach them to your items! Here We Grow Again offers our consignors the option to use either a tagging gun or safety pins to secure your tags on items. Tagging guns are a faster and easier way to tag your items. Don’t have a tagging gun and want to try it? Check out our “Grow With Us” Consignor Starter Kit.
When attaching tags to items make sure the description matches the item.
Do not tape over the barcode! Our scanning cannot read through tape.
- We accept all children’s clothing in sizes preemie up to juniors size 13 and boys size 20.
- Sleepers sell best when two or three are safety pinned together on one hanger.
- All clothing must be on wire hangers. Check with your local dry cleaner as many provide them for free! (We also have wire hangers available to for $.07 cents a piece a piece. Just email us if you would like some!). Hanging your clothing items before entering/pricing them also helps speed up the process.
- Pants should be hung from the top bar of the hanger. Use safety pins as close together as possible so pants do not slide down to the bottom of the hanger.
- Please safety pin all items of a set together so that they can be viewed without unpinning them.
- When attaching tags (if using safety pins or a tagging gun), please attach tags to the seam under the left arm (right as you look at garment). This helps prevent putting a hole in the item! Again remember tag the item in the manner in which you would want to buy. no one wants a tagging hole in the center of the front of a garment.
- The hanger hook should face the left (like a question mark)
- Please only bring your like-new shoes.
- Tie with ribbon or zip tie the shoes together and attach the tag.
- Shoes may be placed inside a Ziploc bag and tape the tag to the outside of the bag only if there is no other way to tie them together. Shoes that can be tried on sell better!
- Hang bedding sets on wire hangers with zip ties through the hangers to keep sets together, mark each item in a multiple set as item 1 of 4, 2 or 4, etc.
- If hanging is not possible, please package bedding sets together in a clear plastic bag. Remember that bedding that can be looked at will sell better.
- Feel free to attach a sheet describes all the pieces included in the set.
- For smaller items like baby bottles, rattles, socks, bibs, bows, etc, please group them together appropriately in Ziploc bags with tag taped to the outside.
Toys, Games, Furniture, Equipment
- Must be clean and in working order with batteries in them.
- Attach small parts to the toy/equipment in Ziploc bags.
- Check game and puzzles to make sure all pieces are included.
- Puzzles, books, videos and small toys that are not in boxes should be put in Ziploc bags.
- Puzzles should be wrapped securely in clear Saran wrap with the tag taped to the outside with clear packing tape, to keep the pieces intact.
- Feel free to attach information on the function and highlights of toy and equipment. Some consignors print the toy and equipment descriptions from the internet to attach.
- Check your car seat expiration date before bringing it to the sale (usually found on the bottom of the car seat). It must not be subject to recall or have been in an accident. All seat covers and straps must be thoroughly cleaned. If you are bringing a car seat, you will be asked to fill out a Car Seat Waiver when you drop off your items.
- Furniture sells well! Don’t forget those cribs, beds, kids’ dressers, high chairs, changing tables, swings, kitchen sets, kid tables and chair sets and Little Tikes equipment. Make sure to secure the tag to an easy-to-read location. Place your consignor number with masking tape to the bottom of the large item.
- Due to the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s recent ban on selling cribs with a drop-down side, we will no longer accept these cribs.
- Important: Place masking tape with your consignor number, the item number and price on the bottom or underneath side of each large item and on items that contain more than one piece. This will eliminate confusion if a tag is accidentally removed or pieces get separated.
If you have any questions about the pricing or tagging process, just let us know!
Please visit the Consumer Product Safety Commission at http://www.cpsc.gov:80/cpscpub/prerel/prerel.html or call 1-800-638-2772 to verify your items are not listed in the recalled information.